Monday, September 14, 2009

I'd rather be flying

Indeed, I'd rather be flying.

The end goal is almost always much sexier and more exciting than taking the necessary steps required to achieve a goal. Of course, one could start off flying and many do, but in most cases, this is quite risky, dangerous and possibly deadly.

Flying, like most goals require proper planning, education, training and some incremental success and experiences.

My personal end goal is not flying, but in order to achieve my goal, I have to start. Starting always seems to be the most difficult step in pursuing any goal. Why? Because, it's hard. Starting requires one to do what Michael Jackson asked us in one of his number one songs, "To Make A Change." Although change is difficult, it is not impossible, especially if you plan to succeed.

I plan on succeeding.
I plan on taking the action steps necessary to achieve my goal.
I plan on being relentless in pursuit of my goal.

One of the first steps to achieve a goal is to identify it, write it down, make it real. Don't just talk about or dream about it, as my grandfather used to say, "Simply be about it"

Ok so my first step; identify the goal.

My goal is to live the life I dream about.

The life I becoming debt free, and living a worry free financial life, not only in retirement, but in my present life as well.

Now, what's your goal?

The next step is to identify what is preventing me from reaching my goal. The challenges will be addressed in the next post.

Happy Stepping!


From the Heart of A Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment