Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Still potential in a time of doubt

Today was a very hard workday. I spent what seemed like eons searching for a viable solution for a potential client.

You see, I only get paid by delivering solutions that work.

After an exhaustive search, I found a solution that would work for this potential client. Excited, I called the potential client to share the good news.

Deflated, as I dialed the potential client's contact numbers and listened to the voice mail come on not one, but two and three times. My glowing enthusiasm became dimmer with each call.

I was ecstatic when someone finally answered one of the lines, but deflated once again when I was told the potential client was "unavailable".

As the rainbow rises beneath a dreary and rainy day, so did my hope and faith as I recalled the steps behind me. I remembered that some days on a journey are long, hard, arduous, exhaustive and downright cynical to say the least. Sometimes you'll feel like you are traveling all alone, but you are not. That's a lie. It's an illusion like water dramatically appearing in a desert. I'm reminded that I and you are not alone. God is with us.

What held me together today is that...

He knows my work. He knows my effort. He will reward me, if not today, another day. He rewards are always timely. I never travel alone, nor do you. Not only am I traveling with you, so is He. We are wonderfully blessed!

It was a good day afterall.

Happy Stepping!

From the Heart of A Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment